Home              About              Scrapbooking              Reviews              Photo Deals              Freebies              Links              Contact Me

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Review: Laughing Tree Lullabies


Elias falls asleep listening to music every night, and as soon as he wakes up, he wants to turn his CD player on. He LOVES music. When Jessica from Laughing Tree, a creative arts collective, emailed me about Laughing Tree Lullabies, I was intrigued. I loved the name, Jessica's spirit and couldn't wait to receive the album.

I was not disappointed.

It is such a cool CD - nostaligic, whimsical, fun. It starts out too upbeat to be a lullaby CD for Elias- he likes to dance to the drum beat too much - but it is the perfect CD for play time and car rides. I love it as much as he does, which is awesome. There are many children's CDs that he loves that I do not. :) This is NOT one of those CDs. I find myself wanting to turn it on whenever we are in his room and humming along. The songs are a variety of styles and include sounds from many countries.

The global thread is perfect for this album because 10% of all profits from Laughing Tee Lullabies goes to support the work of Sweet Sleep, an organization dedicated to providing bed, sheets, blankets and mosquito nets (when needed) for children living in poverty in Third World countries.

AMAZING. I love when purchases support others in need.

You can sample the CD on MySpace, and download or buy the album here. I highly recommend this album for the babies and toddlers in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment