Home              About              Scrapbooking              Reviews              Photo Deals              Freebies              Links              Contact Me

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Review: Jesus Storybook Bible

My friend Angie has been talking for years about the Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd Jones. She has always said it was the best (and I totally trust her when it comes to books.) Since having Elias, I knew it was something I wanted to get. I was tickled when ZonderKids contacted me about doing a review about the new Jesus Storybook Bible deluxe edition.

This special edition includes the beautifully illustrated storybook bible and four CDs of the audio recording of the entire bible.

Check out this video to see some of the amazing illustrations and hear the buttery voice of David Suchet, who does the reading on the CDs. I have had the first CD in the car for weeks and Elias gets so quiet whenever it is on.


I totally understand why Angie has always raved about this bible. Not only are the illustrations beautiful, but the way in which Sally Lloyd Jones has written the stories of the bible is very comprehensible for young children. Despite being a children's bible, the rich writing also contains much depth. I look forward to reading this book for many years with Elias. I believe it is so important to read the bible with your children, and I am so grateful that resources like the Jesus Storybook Bible exist. I strongly recommend picking up a copy of this book. I think it is going to become one of my go-to baby gifts for my friends.

This book was provided by ZonderKids for review. These are my honest opinions on the product. I do not post reviews on products I can not stand behind. Please see my disclosure statement for more info.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, didn't know there was a Deluxe version -- we love the Jesus Storybook Bible. Even my non-Christian/believer husband reads it to my youngest, it's awesome. I hope he learns from it too ;)

    I too, heard about it from Angie.

    ReplyDelete